Pages here will show my Professional Growth as an Educator. Take a look at:
- Â Life As An Agent of Change
- My Doctoral Dissertation:Â An Examination of Teachers’ Integration of Web 2.0 Technologies in Secondary Classrooms: A Phenomenological Research Study
- Honing the Skills Through Virtual Learning published in Learning & Leading (March/April 2014).
- Passing the Baton – A Teacher’s LegacyÂ (05/09/2014)– Reflections on Teaching from a retiring teacher
- A written Review of Edmodo ( 2/10/14) – Teaching Social Media Through Edmodo.
- From Rif‘d to Recall..…Pitfalls and Silver Platters…
- The “myth” of Tenure is…. hurting students– My reaction to being RIF’d… posted 06/2013
- Paradigm shifts in 2013 – From Common Core to Teacher Evaluations
- What’s Up with Teaching in 2012? – My blog page as we work through all the changes in education these days, from Common Core, teacher evaluations, and UDL, help me reflect on these as we go through them this year.
- Should student opt out of face-to-face education? – My response to this Learning and Leading Point/Counterpoint topic. Posted 09/03/2011
- Blogging at ISTE 2011Â – Just a few thoughts and a link to the notes using Google Docs that N & I took while at workshops…
- Reflections on TeachingÂ Â – started while back in Harford County in 2009
- Blogs in Education pageÂ – created for teachers at CSU-Pueblo to respond on the Summer Conference in 2004
- Learningbyts Parents pageÂ – a page for Parents of Virtual School students.. created as part of my dream to have a business about Virtual Schools..
- Learningbyts Virtual Student Blog – a page for Virtual Students to share their expertise with students thinking about taking virtual classes.
- Learningbyts Virtual Teacher Blog – a page for teachers in virtual or online schools to share their experiences.
- Dissertation Blues BlogÂ – Chronicles my ups and downs with the dissertation process.
- Higher Ed vs. K12Â – Part 2 Â – Chronicles bouncing back and forth between two educational environments.Higher Ed vs. K12 – Â Part 1 was written as I bounced back to the Elementary Classroom.
- Response to ISTE on needs of 21st Century Learners
- Learningbyts Website — links to all the projects I’ve done in K-12 as well as in Higher Education while working at UMBC, CSU-Pueblo, andÂ Distric 70 (Rye Elementary ) and at Douglas County.
- From Both Sides Now— Written and almost accepted for publishing in a book, this vignette talks about being a teacher in an online school and a brick and mortar one.
- My Response to articleÂ in Miami HeraldÂ against virtual schoolsÂ – basically sharing experiences from both sides of teaching.
- A prediction made on the future of learning written in 2004 and coming true in 2020- Education Prediction 2004 to 2020Â
Connect to my LinkedIn page.