Observation of Student Engagement
Here is the link to the form the kids will fill out: http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dHd1bmxNR1RUelVWWHZqdFJvZy1FVnc6MA
It’s created from a Google Doc, and automatically goes into a spreadsheet that can be exported to Excel, which can then be put into a database.
Let me know if you feel we should add or subtract any fields in this survey.
PS. Do you think we’ll have school tomorrow?
Oh, and can we get on this at school? I know a lot of blogs are blocked.
Love the idea of having kids take an online survey. The questions allow you to have a greater understanding of students comfort level with technology as well as their interests.
How often do you use this in class and how do you use this information in class (especially about their interests?
I use the Google Docs form/spreadsheet several ways in class:
1. As an introductory activity for 7th and 8th grade that leads into spreadsheets and databases.
2. I use it with 6th graders to have them create a summary of their poster (on parts of a computer), then this last rotation I had them use the resulting spreadsheet as a reference for them to use as they took the test on parts of a computer. If we had more time (due to snow), they would have taken notes on it as the others presented.
3. I use a similar form for 7th & 8th graders to critique each other’s videos.
4. I use another form for them to write their reflections on what they learned about databases
5. Another one as another reflection on the Using Search Engine activity.
If you’d like samples of any of these for your committee… let me know..
Yep we have school… we my have late opening tomorrow… (Fri)
Yes, we can get it at school… surprise! I suspect it has something to do with the committee that Kim and Melissa HD are on that are exploring Web 2.0 tools? They probably had to open the lines at our school for them, so we lucked out this time.. this is just my guess… but if it wasn’t, I was going to put in a request to open just this one up for professional development purposes.. not sure if they’d go for it, but worth a try.. but we lucked out anyway..